After almost a two week hiatus, It’s good to be back! I wanted to keep up with my blog, but honestly I was just too preoccupied. The past couple days I focused on getting everything settled for returning to college, I moved closer to my campus and I even lost internet for a few days. Maintaining my blog just fell to the bottom of my list 😦
However, while I was away the lovely Stephanie @ Stephanie’s Book Reviews nominated me for the Liebster Award! Pretty exciting! If you’re curious about the origin of the Liebster Award you can read about in a post by Sopphey Says.
- Link back the blogger that tagged you
- Nominate ten others and answer the questions of the one who tagged you
- Ask ten questions for the bloggers you nominate
- Let your nominees know of their award
Stephanie asked some really fun questions, which I’ll answer right now!
1. I have a compulsive need to finish a series once I start it. What are your book compulsions? Whenever I read an intense moment in a book that gives me the FEELS, I have a compulsive need to stop what I’m reading and put the book down in order to process what I’m feeling. This may involve yelling into my pillow or speak in short incoherent words. After my fangirling moment I continue to read 😉
2. Does a lot of hype surrounding a book make you more or less likely to read it? A lot of hype will pique my curiosity and I’m more likely to research the book more, but ultimately if it doesn’t attract me I won’t read it.
3. What book do you love that you’re embarrassed to admit? I don’t really like the idea of being embarrassed about reading a book. There’s no reason to be embarrassed about a book you love.
4. What book would you love to see as a movie – a movie that faithfully follows the book to a T? The Leviathan series by Scott Westerfeld. I really want to see Clanker machines and Darwinist animals CGI on the big screen 🙂
5: How many books have you read this year? According to my Goodreads: 17 books. But my account was made last May, so I probably read a few more books prior to that.
6. Why did you start your blog? What do you to “promote” it? I actually wanted to be a Booktuber originally, but that didn’t work so well because I was too camera shy. I made my blog in order to talk about books with other book lovers. I don’t do much to “promote” my blog, but commenting on other blogs has really helped put my name out there 🙂
7. If you could have any super power what would it be? Teleporation. If I could so this my life would be so much better.
8. Who would play your favorite author in a movie? I honestly don’t know. I don’t have one particular favorite author, but if an author has a chance to be featured in a movie why not have them play themselves?
9. If you read a book with terrific writing, but were unsatisfied with the story, do you still recommend it to others? Yes.
10. What’s the last book that really surprised you – good or bad? Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo. High fantasy books normally don’t impress me, so I was surprised by how much I ended up loving this book 🙂
And the nominees go to…
The rule says to nominate blogs with “under 3,000” followers, but some blogs don’t state their follower count. So I’m nominating some of the awesome blogs I’ve come across.
Joni @ Lace and Fog
Laura @ Music Plus Books
Francine @ The Bookworm in Boots
Delaney @ The Awkward-ness
Erin @ The In-Between-Place
Tory @ The Sleeping Latte
Anahera @ Anahera Reads
Annie @ Book Blather
Reem @ I Read and Tell
- If given the chance to rewrite an ending to any book, what book would it be?
- Where is your favorite place to read?
- What book do you avoid reading like the plague?
- Cats or dogs?
- Everyone wants to ride in style. What kind of fictional transportation do you want to cruise in?
- What is the most interesting thing you’ve used as a bookmark?
- Tea or coffee?
- What advice would you give to a new book blogger?
- Do you like book memes? Why or why not?
- It’s the end of the world and all of mankind has been wiped out! The last living survivors are you and a fictional character. Who would you want that character to be and why?